Castle drops.

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
Ryukaki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Castle drops.

Post by Ryukaki »

Hey, look, it's me! You might know me as myself, and others may know me as the Reigning King of Ganbantien, whichever name you'd like to call me by, one thing is true:

C'mon, really?

Okay, so, you have a castle, right? Now just follow along we're going to go on a journey here, a long and perilous one.

You arrive in the Kingdom of Loathing Midgard, and you've got your trusty knife and your trusty Cotton Shirts, and you are ready for just about everything; the porings you will kill, you lust at the thought.

188 base levels and 234 job levels later, you are the goddamned Batman king of the game, you have +7 gears, you have your AD mats farmed, you've invested COUNTLESS hours that you actually did count because the grinding was so horrifyingly boring, thusly making them countable, and starting and endless cycle of confusion and hatred.

Your bombs are ready, knees week, palms are sweaty, there's vomit on your sweater already; mom's spaghetti, you're choked up the whole crowd it roars so loud, you open your mouth but the words wont come out, you're chokin' now, everybody's hopin' now, time's up, over, POW, and then WoE starts and you turn off your Emminem CD because it's really not music you can concentrate to, and it is bombing time.

An hour later, you are exhausted; frazzled, worn out, depleted, you've spent your resources, your gun is empty, you're sticky, wet, and full of shame and pride, you've done it, you've defended the castle! Now, for your rewards!

One Tidal Shoe, two Wool Scarves, an OCA, and a three carrot diamond.

You can practically feel yourself alight with excitement, all of the money you spent gearing, all of the time and energy put into farming millions of zeny worth of WoE mats has all come to fruition, you have the long sought after WOOL SCARF AND TIDAL SHOE COMBO, and then you remember that we've been on Episode 12.1/13.1 for about 5 months now and that's not really a big deal, and you have about 9 of both just sitting in storage because you're too lazy to hunt elu and break them for whatever minor chip of change you could salvage from them.

If you've endured my story this far, you'll know full well that I approach this with levity and a smile; please, reward the millions we spend and our hours of work with things that will lighten that burden for us in the coming weeks. I have some propositions.

Valk shields. Slotted ones.
+10 Food bundles. If you can add delightful ham to these, please do. An example is here:

Enriched Elu/Oridecon.

Again, I have to stress this, ham. Please add ham.

Orleans' Gloves.

OCA's.

Cornbeefadon.

Cute hats.

Packs of YGG seeds/berries.

I'm sure you can think of other things.

Yes, fighting in WoE is delicious fun, and we all love it, really, we do, but if you make the castle worth fighting for, people will fight for it. If you make castle drops all shoddy things that I have 15 of in my storage by the time I even start WoE? You're not offering incentive. If SE dungeons were open, this might not be as big an issue, but especially for SE, give us something to fight over, yes?
How to not have a life: rageragerageragerage and make a collage of someone's response times to a forum topic while conjecturing that they don't sleep.

Takes a lot of rage to waste that much time on something so sad.
Izlude
Poring
Poring

Re: Castle drops.

Post by Izlude »

Ryukaki wrote:
i would like a slice please
Valorous
Drops
Drops

Post by Valorous »

+1
Izlude
Poring
Poring

Post by Izlude »

Valorous wrote:+1
/no1
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

Ryukaki wrote:Stuff
Remind me of this time when my request was turned down, Koma said: "One single unofficial modification would lead to ppl begging for even more retarded ones."
Ryukaki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Ryukaki »

I'm not entirely certain I can dignify your response, with a response that isn't full of questions and riddles and puzzlement.

Please define "Unofficial modifications".
How to not have a life: rageragerageragerage and make a collage of someone's response times to a forum topic while conjecturing that they don't sleep.

Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

As far as this request goes, the acceptance made for viewtopic.php?f=14&p=2247#p2247" TARGET="_blank is a scaled modification and a start.

Back when Gravity first implemented WoE, Boots and Mufflers and Shields were a standard. Commonly dropped items from normal monsters (NOT boss/miniboss) were acceptable for players. Are you telling me that the standards have changed to warrant requesting inaccessible or boss/miniboss dropped items now?

I've heard people suggesting the items you're requesting but at a reduced drop rate of 1% as well -- which as most players here understand: that isn't much. You'd be lucky to get one in a whole month at that rate.

Another player made suggestions not knowing that the god item quests were enabled in the WoE:SE castles as well -- then quickly backtracked.

However, do continue.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

Enriched Elu/Oridecon. - This is a Possibility.

Orleans' Gloves. - This if ever implimented would have to be .5 or below.

OCA's. - They are already in.

Cute hats. - Are obtainable through quests(coming soon) , donation, and events.

Packs of YGG seeds/berries. - Rates are increasing, and theres already complaints about this in the other thread

Valk shields. Slotted ones. - Mini boss drop.

+10 Food bundles. - You should have have to make these, you saying this is like asking for bundles of EDP, and AD bottles. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=213" TARGET="_blank

Edit: Just a reminder not all changes happen at one time. Patience is a virtue.
Ryukaki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Ryukaki »

You my good sir or maddam are exactly correct in what I am telling you.

Except for the parts that aren't correct, but if you were 100% dead-on then there wouldn't be any reason at all for me to respond to you and this entire paragraphs' existence would be thrown into question, and we don't need that debate on existentialism here in this thread.

I am saying that the standards for the drop rates of the server and the work -> reward ratio warrants a different scope of scaling, and I could go into the delinear mathematics that would show the effective slope vs gain, but again, we don't want to waste that much time, so I'll try to be more on point from here on out.

Wools and tidals are a completely realistic drop for iRO, because their rates are 1x, and they are a high drop rate from castles, and a very low rate from mobs. They are a valuable item that generates a viable income for the guild, because while there are hundreds of people, the drop rates are so miniscule that the items are rare, and furthermore, you can't really bot them well.

Here, with a fresh economy, and 30x drop rates, Tidal shoes are not a realistic drop, because the amount of effort that is put into gearing/farming for mats/defending the castle far outweighs the difficulty of farming even 20 pairs of tidal shoes; I can do that in one afternoon without a second thought. A valk shield, or 10 +10 foods, however, are valuable even for the ease of drop rates because of the amount of time it takes to farm them, or the scarcity of the mobs that drop them. The same applies to the other things listed, though most are examples (Especially the ham.)

The predicament you face is that you do not want to give defending guilds everything they need to defend effortlessly, but we still insist that you do reward us with things that are worth being fought for. If you are sent by a king to slay a dragon and rescue his princess, you're going to just fucking stop rescuing princesses after the third one turns out to be a guy named Sal with an eyepatch and a peg leg. A beautiful princess, however..

Well, I'd still prefer a delightful ham.

But that's not the point.

The point more is that if you are going to invoke something like a "scaled modification", you need to first analyze what your realistic scale is, not only in terms of economy, but rates, player base, difficulty of hunting, etc.

I would also like it to be known that both on kRO and on iRO, for many years leading up to 11.3 and Nameless, entire guilds had fought with Gravity to get them to give out worthwhile drops from the castles, and that was what prompted the change, along with the shift to more functional equips. Many guilds on iRO simply stopped holding castles once they had enough god items because there was no reason to get more and the drops were inane.

Edit: Darnit, you forced me to edit.

Enriched Elu/Oridecon. - This is a Possibility. [Good to hear.]

Orleans' Gloves. - This if ever implimented would have to be .5 or below. [I have no issues with this, personally.]

OCA's. - They are already in. [Please make sure they're updated to 13.2 standards, minus the New World cards.]

Cute hats. - Are obtainable through quests(coming soon) , donation, and events. [The ability to obtain them isn't the point with this really, it's something that fills a "drop" spot in the mob, that offers no tactical benefeit to the castle holder, but are still nice to have.]

Packs of YGG seeds/berries. - Rates are increasing, and theres already complaints about this in the other thread [Again, this is more about that a good guild uses a lot of these, and even minorly decreasing how much they have to farm is a huge boon.]

Valk shields. Slotted ones. - Mini boss drop. [Valk Minis have never been classified as a miniboss, they are a normal mob according to iRO/kRO as far as their rules, etc are concerned. The argument that they are strong/rare is a valid one, but being a miniboss drop shouldn't exclude it. It's a very common gear with a 100% drop from a mob that you can solo with a sniper; the problem is scarcity of that mob. To this I say that they're a valid castle drop, even at a low (2-3%) chance, they help the castle defenders spend just a little less time farming without giving them a direct, easy route to winning.]

+10 Food bundles. - You should have have to make these, you saying this is like asking for bundles of EDP, and AD bottles. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=213 [Actually, these two things are not akin. +10 food bundles are quickly dispersed into a guild and made scarce enough are nothing short of a tactical boon, where EDPs/ADs are direct feed for a specific class that cannot really function without them. Anyone can do fine without foods, but having them helps some. Their importance falls far short of ADs/EDPs]

Edit: Just a reminder not all changes happen at one time. Patience is a virtue.

Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

While you may be making these assumptions, this topic has already been discussed in detail under viewtopic.php?f=14&t=326" TARGET="_blank.

You're just re-iterating what has already been stated and essentially approved -- way too early after the population has also reached somewhat of an agreement.

Anyways, we'll leave this topic open for further discussion. It seems today we've been getting a lot of double requests as it is (id est: Named Arrows/Items).