(+) Drops

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Valorous
Drops
Drops

(+) Drops

Post by Valorous »

Mvp/Mini-boss card drops are too high atm, should never be higher than .05

Ygg berry and seed drops are also really high, 15% drop for both. Should be reduced to 5% or something
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Drops

Post by Koma »

Real world example of these drop rates being too high, please?

For one, this is a MR, not a LR.

Second, we can all recall how many porings it took to receive a Poring Card back when those drops were .10% to even .30% with 3x rates -- and those are common monsters to kill.

True, there will be a larger amount of MVP card drops, and I do actually agree with the .05% max rate, so are there any other comments on this?

We have already adjusted quested experience from 1x to be 10x, so this would need to be another final change we need to make regarding the rates.

As far as yggberry and such drops, it goes either way. Those are less critical compared to the card rates and can be changed later on as they're consumed completely. Considering that there is a healer, full HP/SP on respawn, there are trade-offs regarding weight, it's an even battleground (meaning anyone can obtain those healing items). However, it leaves a market for the economy to be inflated with these items and also, though very ineffectively, kills the purpose of a brewing alchemist. For a Yggdrasil Berry, you'd better be camping A LOT of MVPs or Chocos (which aren't exactly farmable/common spawns with 5 at most on a big map) -- depending on the kind of population we have, the competition may not be in your favor either. For the Yggdrasil Seed drop, it may be better to just drop its rate from Stem Worms and Alligators alone to 10% of what they currently drop at..

We still have two days left, so feel free to discuss this more.
Valorous
Drops
Drops

Post by Valorous »

Ygg berries are a 15% drop from bapho jrs as well
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Somewhat tedious with 25 instant spawns across the Labyrinth at that rate of 15% still -- also taking into account that Stem Worms are also on that map. It's dangerous to go alone with Baphomet around (otherwise just Teleport/FW). A person would come out with enough for WoE, but also take into account that you may want those healing items for other things such as WoE2, Endless Tower, Battlegrounds, so on and so forth during the week.

That's a lot of farming to do.. every.. single.. week..

I'd suggest trying it out on Wool. If you still think it's too high and easy to farm, let me know. I'll probably also get around to testing it -- and still need to check in with the other GMs as well.
Hedus
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Hedus »

MvP drops being .1 is a concern. I once played on a server with it at .5, and every other person in pvp had a ghostring, including me(=D). So although not everyone here will have it, it is almost guaranteed that the devoted MvP campers will have MvP cards. Also on Project Rage (10x 10x 10x) there was an LK with GR and GTB cards. That is just gay. And that's at the same MvP drop rate as here. So I am for lowering the MvP drop(at least card drop) a bit more, maybe 5x?
dissentient
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by dissentient »

I'm in favor of the 10x drop rate for MVPs. It seems the real concern is simply the MVP cards, and I'd hate to see the MVP items drop from 10x to 5x as result of this card concern. As well, 1 in 1000 really isn't that absurd of a card drop rate for a midrate server. Keep in mind that not all MVP cards are as "game breaking" as something like the golden bug. At 0.1% you're not going to see a massive flood of MVP cards in the first month either.
Shinta-2
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Shinta-2 »

Yeah after farming bapho jr's for like 30mins I came out with 12 boots and 13 berries. Doesn't seem to be a bad drop rate. As koma suggests who is gonna farm all week for like 300-500 berries? I wouldn't
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

We're going to reduce the MVP Card Drop rate to 0.05% and push the "base" yggberry/seed drop rate down to 0.01% on non-MVP monsters until we have a full discussion on this after the server launches.

While we'd like the Amistr Experience to be a simple one where you don't have to worry about random things being different from the official database, we're not exactly too supportive of singling out ygg rates. As far as the card rates go, we took a similar approach previously by reducing them in particular to 0.01%, as many old Crescendo players may recall -- and it was somewhat necessary.

However, this can be a game changer, so rather than let it become an issue early and cause an overabundance before we can attend to it, they will be placed like this.
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

Obtaining MVP card is very luck-based and they are not balanced with other cards so I fully support kicking it to 0.01%. Ghost type character should be dealt with when warlock hit this server so I hope no one has GR + GTB by then.

Btw hisame, you mentioned achievement system earlier (think wow.) Remember to add achievement on npcing miniboss/mvp cards ;p
Paris Hilton
Poring
Poring

Post by Paris Hilton »

rephikul wrote:Obtaining MVP card is very luck-based and they are not balanced with other cards so I fully support kicking it to 0.01%. Ghost type character should be dealt with when warlock hit this server so I hope no one has GR + GTB by then.

Btw hisame, you mentioned achievement system earlier (think wow.) Remember to add achievement on npcing miniboss/mvp cards ;p
GR = freeze/stone curse
gtb = no thara 1 shot AD/SB
ImageImage