Gym Passes.

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Ryukaki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Gym Passes.

Post by Ryukaki »

So, I was working out today on my home gym, and when I got done, I stocked up on blue potions and RJ and for the life of me I couldn't fit any extra ham in my pack; not for lack of room in my pack, of course, but because I simply don't have enough Str, being a sniper and all.

Now, in the past, I think I've emphasized the importance of ham in everyone's diet, an example follows:

You and I can both agree that this is indeed delightful, and I was remiss to find out that I couldn't carry any with me because I was so weighed down.

See, WoE:SE and even FE, as well as the new regions far from home, the need to carry many more equips and supplies in WoE, they've made one's pack a thing full of heavy equipment and meatless substances, which I think is wholey inappropriate, really, and then an idea hit me:

Ham passes.

Wait, no, hang on.

Gym passes, right. We could use them! A quest, maybe, or a donation thingy! Or something. Maybe a guild purchase? Or a drop from MvPs? I dunno! You decide. But with the increased demand for equipment, as well as things like barricade/guardian stone mats, consumables, and other such delights, I think that Gym Passes are a prudent choice for any discerning adventurer who finds himself lacking ham-like meals in the midst of combat. These are beneficial to all classes and in no way offer a unique advantage to anyone, offer versatility in class builds, and generally help out in other ways. You should put them in. If not for me, for ham. Because ham is delightful.
How to not have a life: rageragerageragerage and make a collage of someone's response times to a forum topic while conjecturing that they don't sleep.

Takes a lot of rage to waste that much time on something so sad.
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Re: Gym Passes.

Post by Sakaretsu »

-1 I'd rather not see gym passes. makes 1str woe builds zzzzzzzz
Ryukaki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Ryukaki »

Anyone who uses a 1 str WoE build even with gym passes is a moron; quite the contrary, even with 40-50 str, I find a lot of people having to run to the kafra/not even be able to carry SP or HP items with them because of all of the equipment and other mats that are required to play a character in a way that doesn't blow.

A good HP should know the pain of this especially, you should have 3-4 armors + 3 garments + 2 shoes + 2 shields + 3 headgears + 3 weapons, Guardian Stone repair mats, as well as HP/SP consumables, Panacea, the list goes on, and after all of that gear you end up with a very small amount of room for consumables, even with the 30-40 str bare minimum a HP should have for WoE.
How to not have a life: rageragerageragerage and make a collage of someone's response times to a forum topic while conjecturing that they don't sleep.

Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

Ryukaki wrote:A good HP should know the pain of this especially
Ryukaki wrote: 3 garments
2 shoes
3 headgears
3 weapons,
Panacea
Apparently you either miscounted, play a low vit hp, are retarded (Well I guess that ties in with the second one.), or aren't very aware of this server's average skill level.

Dunno about you but I can carry 240~ mastellas, 90~ royal jelly 5~10+ speed pots, 3 dex foods, 3 vit foods, all my gear, along with ~75 blue gems and not hit 90% with 20str.

Each (base) str point is 30 weight, and each gym pass is +200 weight. so each gym pass is roughly equal to 6str. that makes using 10 gym passes about 60 weight worth of base str. If classes like HW that can hardly spare the points to get str do fine under current circumstances, gym passes are only improving their already great survivability/duration/whatever by allowing them to get lower/no str in favor for another stat. Or just letting them carry more.
Last edited by Sakaretsu on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syze
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Syze »

-1 to gym passes, too much weight
Ryukaki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Ryukaki »

Just because I hate you and you're a bad liar and probably a terrible priest, too.

This is, at bare minimum, what a HP should have with them in WoE:SE;

Diablo's Robe/Saint's Robe x 3 (Marc, ED, spare marc/ed for if one breaks.) = 90/180 weight.
Diablo's Boots/Tidal Shoes x 2 (Both Gferus, incase one is broken by Tarot) = 50/60 weight.
Feather Beret x 2, Nightmare Spiky/Monk Hat[1] = 120, 100/10 weight.
Long Mace x 2, Vital Dex Survivor's = 160, 100 weight.
Diablo's Mant/Wool Scarf x 3 (At least 3, Ray, Nox, and Jakk. This is bare minimum.) = 75/150 weight.
Cranial Valk shield x 2 (Bare minimum, again.) x 2 = 100 weight.

Let's add in Guardian Stone mats, because if you don't have some of these to help repair, you need to quit right now.

60 stone, 2 elu, 2 ori, 10 of each gem = 180 + 40 + 40 + 90 weight.

Let's toss in your consumables now.

240 Mastelas = 720 weight.
90 Royal Jelly = 1350 weight.
5 speed pots = 50 weight.
3 dex foods (Let's assume +7) = 240 weight.
3 vit foods = 240 weight.
75 more bgems = 255 weight.

Alright, let's add this all up.

Best case, given you have all D gears.

90 + 50 + 130 + 260 + 75 + 100 + 350 + 720 + 1350 + 50 + 240 + 240 + 255 = 3670, and let's be honest, this is best case.

Base weight = 2730, + 20 x 30 = 3,330 weight. This leads me to conclude you're a terrible HP.

Now, let's go worst case, which is far more likely because you don't have full d gears or slotted monk's hats, etc.

180 + 60 + 220 + 260 + 150 + 100 + 350 + 720 + 1350 + 50 + 240 + 240 + 255 = 4175, in an "average" case, which is well over 90% with the 30 or 40 str you should have on your HP that apparently has high int for some retarded reason, and let's not even touch on that I excluded what a good HP should be carrying into battle rather than the BS you take in on your bad self.

I suggest you shut your mouth until you learn to play your class. I'm sure any good player will concede that with the increased demand for performance -- good performance, the current weight limits are incredibly prohibitive and gym passes help increase flexibility, especially for classes that just can't put str in their builds, or are required to carry around even more cumbersome equipment/materials, such as a recaller in WoE who has to have an obscene number of heavy things to repair barricades, etc.

I am willing to go down every class' "decent" WoE equips and show you just how handicapped classes like snipers and High Wizards are.

Valorous
Drops
Drops

Post by Valorous »

+1

just add a limit to 5 passes per char
Valiere
Drops
Drops

Post by Valiere »

+1
Wait guys, this item might be op too :[
Punishment: For acting stupid varies depending on the level of stupidity.
I have a feeling this rule will apply to me very soon...
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

Diablo's Robe/Saint's Robe x 3 (Marc, ED, spare marc/ed for if one breaks.) = 90/180 weight.
Any "good player" should have FCP, no?
Diablo's Boots/Tidal Shoes x 2 (Both Gferus, incase one is broken by Tarot) = 50/60 weight.
Feather Beret x 2, Nightmare Spiky/Monk Hat[1] = 120, 100/10 weight.
See above.
Long Mace x 2, Vital Dex Survivor's = 160, 100 weight.
Maces aren't breakable and I don't see a point in dex survivor's on hp.
Diablo's Mant/Wool Scarf x 3 (At least 3, Ray, Nox, and Jakk. This is bare minimum.) = 75/150 weight.
I don't see the point in nox unless there's a large amount of FAS snipers in the enemy guild.

Anyway I'm probably wrong, not denying that, and while I don't consider myself the best fluffing HP around (actually pretty new to the class lol), I know I'm better than a ton of people.
Let's add in Guardian Stone mats, because if you don't have some of these to help repair, you need to quit right now
No point in carrying this if your guild is so bad they can't even break a single barricade. I'd have them if I was in a defending guild.

Anyway, thanks for the giant walls of text. They're a good timesink.
Last edited by Sakaretsu on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Peroxide »

This is an unecessary add, in my opinion.
And the ham thing was completely distracting....

I say remove the ham and you might get more +1s from people who AREN'T your guildmates.
Make it simple, mhm.