Host Question

Questions that already have answers.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Host Question

Post by Resolve »

When will/can admin reassess the host's "fitness"?

I understand that we have gone thru 3 moves so far and it can be financially draining but I just wanna know when we can actually do another poll about it. The player demographics have changed a lot lately, and I am having a really hard time with the massive lagging.

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Host Question

Post by Koma »

The "Are You Lagging" thread is still open for any new reports of increased lag for this. We haven't really had any new reports of lag or disconnections since the move on @main or @requests -- with the exception of an attack on our host that lasted about an hour the other day though.

Considering that we're nearing the next billing cycle, we'll see about asking players about it again though.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

you mentioned in the latest news that the host will be tweaking some stuff with regard to the routers etc, but the announcement sounds so martian to me. can you please explain it in "English for Dummies"?

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Basically, they were just upgrading/updating their hardware -- possibly in response to a number of DDoS attacks they've been receiving on their other servers.