Help Please

This stuff has been addressed. If you want to add information or such, do so.
Stewie
Poring
Poring

Help Please

Post by Stewie »

Help.. I just downloaded, and patched.
Repacking is on progress.. then got an error

it says

Failed to move file(amistr.grf) to original path, temporary name is bandaids\bandaids.grf

what should I do?
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help Please

Post by Koma »

If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you will need to right-click your AmistrRO shortcut and click "Run as administrator" or similar. There is a small note in the patcher which points this out more specifically if that helps. If that doesn't work, it may be easier to install to a different location such as "C:\Amistr\" instead of "C:\Program Files\Gravity\". Hope this helps and let me know if you still have any problems.
Stewie
Poring
Poring

Post by Stewie »

it worked but theres a problem with the Skill window.. I got error when I open it.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

I have experienced this issue as well and it's fairly common for me to get disconnected due to it actually.

It is a known Xray bug (as we are utilizing Xray to support the sheer number of custom sprites instead of replacing existing ones).

It shouldn't be 100%, but happens on newer operating systems from what I've seen. It's a hassle, and we're looking into updating when possible to resolve this issue sooner. Currently, we're eyeing the newer Renewal client and supporting it on our server, but there is no pre-announced date as to when that's coming unfortunately. Xray/Helium is in the testing phase of 2009-10-13a Renewal which hopefully goes pretty smoothly compared to their last few tests.
Stewie
Poring
Poring

Post by Stewie »

what should I do?
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Is it happening every time? From past reports of this issue from other players, it goes away and doesn't happen.

One thing that could be tried for now is going to your Amistr/RO folder and right-clicking AmistrBA.exe, selecting Properties, and changing the "Compatibility" properties as shown. Do the same with AmistrRO.exe as well. Let me know if this works as it would be a decent workaround for now. So far, I haven't been able to get my client to crash while testing this, but I may just be lucky at the moment. Doing this will also make the patcher always "Run as Administrator" so you won't have to worry about patching issues.

Other than that, we'll look into it further. The root cause of the skill window failing is that Windows Vista and 7 have an awkward language support compared to XP -- which causes the client to misread the information it needs. There is a possible fix that I have in mind, but I'll need to do more testing with it. Especially considering that we're going to be doing a skill description update shortly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stewie
Poring
Poring

Post by Stewie »

Thanks.. I/m trying something out too.. I'll let you know if something happens
Othello
Poring
Poring

Post by Othello »

Just an FYI I am running windows XPand just finished patching and have the skill tree error so far for me it is a 100% issue. Every time I hit alt-s it crashes, or open it through the menu. Which compatibility mode should I select? 95,98,me,xp? also my equipment windows come up as transparent, is that supposed to happen?
Stewie
Poring
Poring

Post by Stewie »

hi, i downloaded the latest ragRay (all seven parts of it) and when I extract it says replace? Do I need to replace everytime? or I need the seven installer?
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

There should be an "All" option for Ragray I would think, otherwise, yes, overwrite/replace or clear your target installation directory first. Ragray is not owned or maintained by us, so any technical support issues for that would need to go through http://www.ragray.net" TARGET="_blank or through Ancyker. If all else fails, the full installer is available as the last resort installation @ http://amistr.mooo.com/Amistr-Complete-0825.exe" TARGET="_blank.

As far as this issue happening on XP, can you please confirm which server this is happening on: Fleece or Wool, and with what classes in particular? It would help to narrow down the exact issue here. Please also confirm that you are using an unmodified installation and/or any operating system localization (such as Windows XP Home 32-bit Japanese) information if possible.

We haven't heard of many client-side skill issues since the last client update (a month or so ago), so this information will be very helpful for us to fix the problem for you. Thanks!