(+) The New Socket Enchant NPC

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Andrue
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

(+) The New Socket Enchant NPC

Post by Andrue »

Hi there. :o

In our recent update, we now have this:
The Episode 12+ Socket Enchant NPC has been implemented. This comes with a clean-up of the old Socket Enchant NPC.
Basically, this change now has the intended 12+ Socket Enchant NPC which has enchants like Pantie, Undershirt, and a few others. With this change, the "original"/typical slot enchant NPC(that most people are used to) no longer has the mentioned items listed(amongst others).

As far as I know, the new Socket Enchant NPC is only located in Payon, Prontera, Lighthalzen, and Morroc(ruins) at... weird locations(at least for Payon/Prontera):
payon,236,199,3 script Leablem 86
lighthalzen,96,137,3 duplicate(Leablem) Leablem#lhz 86
prontera,244,169,5 duplicate(Leablem) Leablem#prt 86
moc_ruins,154,86,3 duplicate(Leablem) Leablem#moc 86
I suggest that these NPCs be moved closer to the refiners/enchanters of their mentioned towns, to keep a location that we are accustomed to in regards of the original Socket Enchant NPC.

Here's an example location of the new Socket Enchant NPC for Prontera:

As you can see, it's quite distant from the location that most people are used to going to(near the refiner which is inside).

Hm.... thanks for reading all my babbling. :o
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The New Socket Enchant NPC

Post by Koma »

This is possible. Since the update, we've been getting quite a number of questions as to "why was Pantie/Leather Boots removed?" and things like that, so it would be indeed helpful until people know more about it. While the message is there in the patcher.., a lot of people haven't noticed it.
mikosci
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by mikosci »

I agree to this.

It makes 'socketing' more centralized. <3
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Instead, we've added a HARD-TO-MISS message in the original NPC.

I was turning it over in my head about having the NPC warp you to its equivalent, but this may come at a later date instead. For some reason, when I was doing the coding, I kept thinking of it warping you from town to town and this isn't the case at all.

I'm marking this as half-complete.

EDIT: There seems to no longer be an issue with this so I'm leaving these as-is. Players have pretty much learned about the locations by now and it is unnecessary to add the warps at this point.