qmk's suggestions

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Qembek
Drops
Drops

qmk's suggestions

Post by Qembek »

Hi,

so here it goes:
1. since we got icons showing when cursed water is active i would like to see when amplify magic is active and elemental resist potions
2. after sundays se woe - i suggest to pick another castle, smaller this time, and if everyone agree we whould do so not next month but asap
3. events, more complicated events different from what we saw in last months, events that could be activated and run by every GM.
4. i know there was a talk bout this before but is 1k dead branch change into 1 bloody branch implemented?
5. dead branch arena could have a few private rooms that we could buy up for some zeny amount
6. custom hats as an event prize. seriously im feeling like most important thing in this server being implemented, worked out or whatever are custom hats. personally even if i win any event here i dont want a custom hat, and what then? i go out with nothing? think about other gifts beucause im not the only one who isnt a custom headgear fan.

that would be all for now. i also got one suggestion for GM staff but its better for them to hear it from me in game :P
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Re: qmk's suggestions

Post by Haelstrom »

Just my two cents.
Qembek wrote:1. since we got icons showing when cursed water is active i would like to see when amplify magic is active and elemental resist potions
Agreed there.
2. after sundays se woe - i suggest to pick another castle, smaller this time, and if everyone agree we whould do so not next month but asap
Castle size isn't the only issue with SE at the moment, in my opinion.
3. events, more complicated events different from what we saw in last months, events that could be activated and run by every GM.
There's already several new possibilities to come listed in more recent announcement topics. Things related to tower defense and the like.
4. i know there was a talk bout this before but is 1k dead branch change into 1 bloody branch implemented?
N/A, I don't feel too strongly about this one way or another.
5. dead branch arena could have a few private rooms that we could buy up for some zeny amount
Nahw. I can see the uses for it, but really, keeping mobs and/or bosses you summon to yourself is plenty doable now, even outside of DBA with the delay.
6. custom hats as an event prize. seriously im feeling like most important thing in this server being implemented, worked out or whatever are custom hats. personally even if i win any event here i dont want a custom hat, and what then? i go out with nothing? think about other gifts beucause im not the only one who isnt a custom headgear fan.
Now this, I'm afraid I have to heavily disagree with. Headgear with the exclusion of weapons once drawn, are the only pieces of equipment you can actually see on your character. This combined with the Synthesis NPC gives a level of customization I know I enjoy.

Now, events occur pretty frequently. I'm unsure what you're thinking to suggest as an alternative, because if it's stat'ed headgear, equipment with stats, usable items, cards? Sure, those are okay once in a blue moon for special events, but on average? I know a variety of people besides myself who'd be heavily against that for obvious reasons. The best reward on average then is a custom headgear, because it doesn't provide balance issues but does reward the player- I know plenty of players who'll gladly join into any event just to nab a potential custom, so to those whom dislike that, I suppose we have to agree to disagree. But I'd be curious to see just what alternatives you can suggest that won't either be:

A. Absurd and imbalanced,
B. Already easily obtainable and not worth participating in an event for.

Still, good suggestions overall.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Qembek wrote:Hi,

so here it goes:
1. since we got icons showing when cursed water is active i would like to see when amplify magic is active and elemental resist potions

that would be all for now. i also got one suggestion for GM staff but its better for them to hear it from me in game :P
1) As far as adding the buff icons to other potions, this is an effect possibility and we did this for the Converters already.
2) Regarding the WoE:SE castle, the current castle was chosen due to some players complaining about Viblainn originally. Considering that there are only 2 more WoE weekends until the next rotation, a smaller castle is considered for that change. There are also ideas floating around about adding a WoE:FE before WoE:SE on Sunday since SE is in a somewhat slower state.
3) See last update post. Complicated events are planned but development is being prioritized towards other things at the moment such as Guild Storage Security.
4) The Bloody Branch for 1000 Dead Branches idea was shot down and then converted into the GiftDrop Bonus reward. Chancces are that one will not go in.
5) Regarding the Dead Branch Arenas, originally I was going to duplicate maps and key them for players, but the planning for this changed when eAthena implemented the instancing system. Current consideration is allowing parties to create instanced sessions of the Dead Branch Arena that only members can go into. Of course, this means that it would be limited the same way as the normal party limitations.
6) Please make a recommendation for a fair and balanced event reward then. This was also the issue on Crescendo remember?
Qembek
Drops
Drops

Post by Qembek »

6 possible event rewards:
- obb, opb, oca, bloody branch, +3-5 stat food, speed potions, ygg seeds, berries, enrichted ori/elu. you could also add to this some common castle drops like tidals, wools - since they are already easy to get from dungeons/castles and still they are on players "wanted" list. those are my ideas for now.