A Merchant Square

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
tired
Poporing
Poporing

Re: A Merchant Square

Post by tired »

tl;dr

vends is what makes up prontera
Qembek
Drops
Drops

Post by Qembek »

tired wrote:vends is what makes up prontera
- nuff said
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

I don't think that's a valid reason to really disagree, that's solely on your opinions.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

MayChan wrote:I don't think that's a valid reason to really disagree, that's solely on your opinions.
Actually, all this consists of is our opinions.

That having been said, I highly doubt you're going to get more out of them then "IT'S DIFFERENT BADDDD;" asking for supporting logic of some individuals is like asking an old man you know of next door to help lift your old-fashioned wide-screen TV and high definition entertainment center solo while you sip a shot of Vodka and let loose on his lawn.

Just not likely to happen.
Qembek
Drops
Drops

Post by Qembek »

then how about this:
- we got weak economy and moving those merchants will not help the economy at all, no matter how and where will you move them, every solution will be bad. for example add a vending map and warp via warper - makes the warper more messy than it already is and new players may not know that such a place already exists.
- removing them from prontera makes prontera more empty and pront will represent a server with just a few ppl in town, at least right now you got false crowd generated by merchants so it looks more interesting than without those crowds.
- what you suggest would be good for a really crowded prontera like 200+ players + vendors - since its not I say No
- right now I want to buy something - I go to main city and find what I want, whats wrong about that?

lets put more attention to your arguments right now:
MayChan wrote:The vendors in Prontera just makes it really messy and cluttering.
Haelstrom wrote:A one-click NPC warp to the Merchant Square would be preferable, but this way, people can sort out their trading woes in a dedicated vending map, Prontera doesn't look like it's a (pardon the phrasing) giant autotrade orgy, and I can stop looking at all those icky multi-colored orange merchants with Domo-kun guild icons.
as I wrote above, any form of warping will only hurt those who hope to sell something.

I will quote nothing more cause you gave no other reasons than:
- The vendors in Prontera just makes it really messy and cluttering. - o.O yah, thats a reason, very important reason to do as You suggest... as far as I know those vendors dont break any rule thats why they aren't removed? and if there would be as many ppl in prontera as those vendors right now, it would be really messy and cluttering and you would have to suggest special map for them too?
- I dun like multi colored merchants - nc
- I lag when I log - and most of Your time on this server, You log into game/prontera or play the game? beucause I dont see an issue with getting lagged when log in prontera cause it happens only once in a while or nearly never.

Beside that You only try to negate what Dowe wrote(except the line ideas).
And as for being lazy, sorry ppl but I can be lazy, You can be lazy, but wtf you got problem with my or anyone's else lazyness if I dont have any problem with Your way of playing or anything else? its my right to be too lazy to even double click a vend warper if I want. but since You used it as an argument then my reply to that is explaining how You wish Your words would work:
I got an idea, he says no, lets forget about the subject of the case and just focus on destroying someones image, then I will be the one who is cool and the one who says no to my ideas will be the "bad guy". crowd doesn't like the bad guys so they won't be supported so fast as me, the cool guy

and as for Your last post Haelstrom, why do You insist about saing more than has to be said from me or anyone else? lets forget about this case for a sec and check your other topics, for example You tried to suggest me to say something more in extended classes 9 page topic - what for? to make it 10+ pages topic? I said what I think and I said why I agree/dissagree with suggestion made, what more needs to be said to make You satisfied?
tired
Poporing
Poporing

Post by tired »

Haelstrom wrote:
MayChan wrote:I don't think that's a valid reason to really disagree, that's solely on your opinions.
Actually, all this consists of is our opinions.

That having been said, I highly doubt you're going to get more out of them then "IT'S DIFFERENT BADDDD;" asking for supporting logic of some individuals is like asking an old man you know of next door to help lift your old-fashioned wide-screen TV and high definition entertainment center solo while you sip a shot of Vodka and let loose on his lawn.

Just not likely to happen.
because everyone has the time to post huge paragraphs of why merchants shouldnt be at pront (which is main issue of this server)

Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Qembek wrote:then how about this:
- we got weak economy and moving those merchants will not help the economy at all, no matter how and where will you move them, every solution will be bad.
..Huh. I had no idea relocating the poorly strewn-about merchants would somehow cripple the (still fledgling) economy.
for example add a vending map and warp via warper - makes the warper more messy than it already is and new players may not know that such a place already exists.
Actually, a Merchant NPC right by Kafra sounds plausible. Single click warp. One may argue "but that can lead to misclick warps!!" - but for sake of speed.
- removing them from prontera makes prontera more empty and pront will represent a server with just a few ppl in town, at least right now you got false crowd generated by merchants so it looks more interesting than without those crowds.
Ooh, yeah! We need to fool new people into thinking we have a larger population than we do, that's the ticket to becoming a successful server! Lying! What was I thinking?
- what you suggest would be good for a really crowded prontera like 200+ players + vendors - since its not I say No
- right now I want to buy something - I go to main city and find what I want, whats wrong about that?
Again, this is a preliminary measure as well as a current fix. Also, right now, I want to buy something. I can access the Merchant Square from any city with this suggestion. What's wrong with that?
lets put more attention to your arguments right now:
Wish you'd done that to begin with instead of just saying "I agree tired, hehr! :D" But I digress.
as I wrote above, any form of warping will only hurt those who hope to sell something.
Again, how? How incredibly lazy do you have to be to go "hm, I want to buy something, but one~two clicks.. IMPOSSIBLE?" If anything, it'd take the same or less effort as it does now provided your main town's not Prontera, because that and events're the only reason a nice chunk of the server go there anyway.
I will quote nothing more cause you gave no other reasons than:
Yet you list three reasons after this. So you actually did address my points, why try to phrase it like I made no further claims?
- The vendors in Prontera just makes it really messy and cluttering. - o.O yah, thats a reason, very important reason to do as You suggest... as far as I know those vendors dont break any rule thats why they aren't removed?and if there would be as many ppl in prontera as those vendors right now, it would be really messy and cluttering and you would have to suggest special map for them too?
Because it has to break a rule to be changed. Great logic. And no, because those people you refer to converse, move around, leave, come back, etc. - the venders are rigid unless they sell all their supplies, and given 95% of the merchants over-price their goods (5 mill for a [1] Glove, lolololololol), that ain't happening until the server gets maintenance.
- I dun like multi colored merchants - nc
I don't. What can I say, 27 merchs in multi-colored orange splotches of paint fail. Need to be green for cash. Yeahuh.
- I lag when I log - and most of Your time on this server, You log into game/prontera or play the game? beucause I dont see an issue with getting lagged when log in prontera cause it happens only once in a while or nearly never.
Actually, I don't lag at all. In fact, I can bring in several clients there and have them all t-bag, and not lag. In fact, I helped instigate the ROCK FESTIVAL there and didn't lag.

But this is in consideration to other players whom have computers / internet connections that aren't so decent; you see, it's called common courtesy. Quite a few Ragnarok players are younger~mid teenagers, and a (majority) don't have the best of PC hardware of what I've seen, amongst other things. If you want Prontera toted as our main town, making it lag-free with a relatively simple solution is the way to go. Otherwise, why disable (most) skills there, if we only take half a step in effort towards reducing lag at the hometown and not all?

Doesn't affect me, therefore it's not a problem for anyone! That's a logical fallacy.
Beside that You only try to negate what Dowe wrote(except the line ideas).
I wasn't aware having different opinions than him is merely "negating" him.
And as for being lazy, sorry ppl but I can be lazy, You can be lazy, but wtf you got problem with my or anyone's else lazyness if I dont have any problem with Your way of playing or anything else? its my right to be too lazy to even double click a vend warper if I want.
Sure, it is. Fact, it's your right to kick yourself in the forehead, and it's your right to leap out your nearest window. What's your point?

Somehow magically, it's not my right to say "hey, maybe being so incredibly lazy you can't single~double-click yet already do if Prontera's not your save anyway is bad" just because it's inconvenient to you and your friends? Really?
but since You used it as an argument then my reply to that is explaining how You wish Your words would work:
..What? I think you phrased that incorrectly, it makes little sense as is I'm afraid.
I got an idea, he says no, lets forget about the subject of the case and just focus on destroying someones image, then I will be the one who is cool and the one who says no to my ideas will be the "bad guy". crowd doesn't like the bad guys so they won't be supported so fast as me, the cool guy
And I'm flaming.

First off, I don't type like that whatsoever, never try to misquote someone without being able to mimic their manner of speech and/or writing style. Loses any sarcastic wit it might have. Secondly, I've not ruined anyone's "image," nor have I labeled anyone as the "bad guy." I'm going to have to repeat a line I said to Dowe for you:
Not flaming you. If you can't handle differencing views that aren't phrased with sporadic smiley-faces, this really may not be for you; I've really not insulted you as an individual (unless you mistakenly identified yourself with again, my goldfish comment, in which case that's more a matter of your personal self-esteem than anything I've stated,) but you must realize that this is probably the one area of the forums where things are handled with exceedingly less kid-gloves than elsewhere, given an approved or denied suggestion has an impact on the server in whole.
Read it. Read it a couple times. Let it soak in.
and as for Your last post Haelstrom, why do You insist about saing more than has to be said from me or anyone else?
Sorry, last time I saw you two post, tired spammed several posts and you (again) quoted him and agreed with no supporting argument. Also, last I checked, tired has cried twice in this thread already because reading is apparently very very hard for him, suggesting he didn't even read the topic to begin with and so he has no worthwhile input. So it was kinda difficult to take either of you seriously. My bad.
lets forget about this case for a sec and check your other topics,
And you're done. Has absolutely nothing to do with this topic whatsoever.

Anything else of interest? An alternative you can think of, exact reasons why what's been proposed would somehow magically ruin the economy? Or are these too many paragraphs as tired stated, I do so love to write.
seraphthronee
Poring
Poring

Post by seraphthronee »

Prontera vendors are one of the things new people check when they want to try out a server. If they see prontera is empty, they probably will not join the server at first glance, which are most the cases.

Just my 2 cents
Tri Edge
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Tri Edge »

I think that getting a merchant square is a good idea. It will help create a more organized place for merchants. A lot of servers have already incorporated merchant squares as well so I don't believe it will be a new concept to anyone that joins the server.

Although i think that its a great idea I'm not sure if it is necessary at the moment because the population of the server is still pretty low at the moment, and I agree that having some merchants out in Prontera helps give the illusion of a populated server. Hopefully in the future we will be able to have enough people to populate prontera without needing merchants to give the illusion of a populated server. The server seems to be growing pretty rapidly as well so I think it would be a good thing to look into, that way Prontera doesn't look like a cluttered mess.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

This will not happen, but I will inform you all of my main plan regarding the main town and Vendors.
Iam currently learning the programs for making maps and am working on making a map that could be used for the main town.

main idea so far; Regarding vendors on the new map would be making a designated area for vendors ex a Garden or somthing slightly appealing. That is if you are all for this:)

This will take some time of course, and vedors will stay how they are for the time being.
also regarding the problems players have with vendors there is an option we can look into which would be we default the colours of vendors when they are put into auto trade. Let me know what you think about this, and please avoiding argueing with each other. I want to read opinions on this not just quoted arguements.