Related to Pos-lag. (hope this is proper place)

This stuff has been addressed. If you want to add information or such, do so.
Niia
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Related to Pos-lag. (hope this is proper place)

Post by Niia »

its not just venatus, but that shows it the most obvious way, thats like prolly 1-2 seconds after clicking the hide button. the whole bunch is still there withing like 3x3 area taking hits by grim, but the sprites are all around the place. even almost full screen wide, this aint just annoying, not just the point u dont know can u de-hide or not or is there 50 monsters ALREADY hitting u, but also if ur using same kinda stuff in FEW targets, it makes u unable to hit em, coz the sprite is far, so the game thinks u cant hit the monster, even if its right there 3-4 steps away from u.

ive never had it or seen it this superior when it comes to sprite lagging in any RO server, so im expecting it must be something to do it with the server. some settings or whatever.

ive faced high problems with doing stuff with many other skills too, including melee skills, which is failing upon sprite lagging. and many other things.

and while im at it, i guess ill throw this other thing here too, f***ed up cell in stalactic golem map:

that cell right there, is like 1 cell, and u cant walk in there, or walk out from there. theres people claymore trapping and whatever pretty constantly, i few times found even 5-6 monsters stuck in that 1 specific cell, they cant move, or they cant even hit u. its kinda sucky to pick ranged char all the time to go clear that 1 cell so they start spawning in working areas. to carry on leveling the other char.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Related to Pos-lag. (hope this is proper place)

Post by Koma »

This is the right place for this.

About the position lag, the attack animations are getting cropped with the move-delay and having an older client isn't helping with it. What we could do is increment the "can-move" delay, however some players may feel that a bit weird and it may be more beneficial to ranged players -- it may also help with this issue. It's a decent trade-off though. @refresh can be added in after we look into a bit more of our scripts so there are no exploit gaps.

Regarding that single cell, thank you for the screenshot and I'll set a no-walk cell on it right now. I'll also rebuild the mapcache before reboot to check if this is a Gravity bug or a bug on our end. I've also noticed non-walkable tiles in Rachel Sanctuary 3 that may require this fix as well (similar to Morocc Pyramids B4).
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

There's one such wierd dead cell in the server event map even. You may want to reextract a fresh cell set.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Seems there was also one on Sleepers' map that was reported on top of a rock, so yes, we need to look into these buggy maps.
Niia
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Niia »

i didnt understand the explanation for the huge sprite lag. and ive yet never seen it that huge. like i understand the part thats in every other server where some of em are like 3-5 cell off the grim area taking hit. but not like full-screen wide. also i guess it has something to do with the thing of, monsters automaticly flee when u hide.
there is no cooldown after hide for em to start moving.

the first moment ur char disappears the monsters starts running away, so they get instant movement, so when they pretty instantly take the first grim hit too, they get hitlocked, with the already taken step, which causes it i think?

same as when u sometimes walk urself. and take a hit while running ur char keeps walking 5-10 steps then gets dragged back. coz u actually had hitlock backthere.

then again, sure its a nice thing that grimtoothing aint as simple if thats why there is no cooldown after the targetted char hides. but aint that kinda making every other class cabable to abuse that? u get overmobbed from all directions u click hide, all monsters instantly flee away from u. u need to barely flash in hide and u have open road again. (didnt try this in action but based on how monsters act when u hide to start grimming, thats how it maybe would work..)
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

If my memory still serve:
The client doesnt get updates from the server everytime the monster change location. Usually, the server would send the direction of movement to the client, and the client would "emulate" that until certain time has passed or a large enough amount of data has accumulate and only then they position would sync between the client and the server. Thus if the client and the server think differently, it can cause serious difference in client's pos and server's. Considering our current client is god damn old (since 2008, or so I'm told) that's probably what caused this. That's why Koma talked about animation and delay and stuff, it's to temporary patch to make the client and the server seemingly behave the same until a new client is released. I hope that's correct and understandable to you.
Emoke
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Emoke »

Have you tried running a tcp config pos lag fix?
Niia
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Niia »

yeah rephi, understood perfectly.

emoke, not possible. dont even bother asking, but my version of windows aint cabable to do it. if were talking bout the same shit.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

We'll see how tonight's update works with this. @refresh is going in to help you guys. We're not holding it back anymore (but it may be tweaked later on to only work outside of town when I have the time) as we'd rather not have you guys suffer through position lag as badly as you all have been. If there are any exploits, we'll seal them off.

I've received a newer client so far and am in the early stages of its testing. It's not the *newest* that we were expecting, but it should at least bring us up to proper packet handling (ie: pets, skills, and such).

EDIT: Marking this as resolved as @refresh is implemented and the new client should help clean it up a bit more. If this issue is still occuring, please open a new thread.